Sunday, December 27, 2020

Visual Arts - The Art of Doing

     Art happens to be one of my favorite subjects and I personally enjoy drawing, painting, and ceramics.  These are wonderful ways for children (and adults) to explore creativity and to examine the world around us.

    Art also gives us the opportunity to examine the works of others and to discuss them.  We can ask questions about what is being represented.  What do we see and what do we think about what we see.

    While working with your child and looking closely at art, you and your child may begin to develop a love of art.  

    Both looking at art and talking about it are important.  So is the doing of art.  Remember to provide your child with materials and opportunities to be a practicing artist!

    When I was very young, I really enjoyed coloring.  I still do.  I love symmetrical patterns like mandalas and bright colors.  

    Art is one of those things that makes us different from animals (with a few exceptions).  People who make arr are called artists.   What would you like to do:

  • Draw with a pencil on paper
  • Paint using brushes and watercolors to paint a picture on paper.
  • Cut paper or other materials, such as cloth, into pieces, then glue them onto a surface to create a collage.
  • Make a statue out of clay.
Choose an activity for today and just do it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Visual Arts - The Art of Doing

      Art happens to be one of my favorite subjects and I personally enjoy drawing, painting, and ceramics.  These are wonderful ways for ch...